To provide Post-Doctoral Fellowship for unemployed women researchers so as to facilitate their re-entry in Science research.
Who can apply?
Applicants should satisfy the following conditions.
1. Only women candidates are eligible to apply
2. Applicant should be of Kerala origin and unemployed
3. Age limit: 50 years
4. Applicant should have qualified Ph.D. as on the date of application and should have scored minimum 60% marks for post-graduation.
5. Applicant should have chosen an institution in Kerala belonging to the category of R&D institutions(National/State level)/ University Departments.
6. Applicant should not be receiving any fellowship or grant from any other source.
7. Those who have already availed one Post-Doctoral Fellowship from KSCSTE or elsewhere are not eligible to apply for a second PDF.
- The scheme offers Post-doctoral fellowship of Rs.32,000/- + 10 % HRA p.m along with an annual contingency grant of Rs. 50,000/-.
- The candidate should choose a Scientist Mentor who should be a permanent faculty of the institution and should have at least 5 years left in service in the Institute.
- The Scientist Mentor should constantly monitor the progress of the project, facilitate smooth implementation of the programme and ensure timely submission of financial utilization certificates by the institute to KSCSTE.
- Normally for 3 years. However, on successful completion of the project, in the case of exceptionally meritorious post-doctoral works, the work could be continued to a further period of one to 1½ years with fellowship support, subject to the recommendations of the project review committee.