Colloquium on Nuclear Magnetic Resonance (NMR) and Mass spectrometry
SRINIVASA RAMANUJAN INSTITUTE FOR BASIC SCIENCE (SRIBS)
Pampady, Kottayam (A Capacity Building Initiative of KSCSTE)
Dates: July 31 - August 2, 2015
Nuclear Magnetic Resonance (NMR) spectroscopy has become one of the powerful tools in chemistry and biology. With the development of powerful superconducting magnets, fast Fourier transform technique and computerization, NMR is now routinely used by chemists as well as biologist to solve the structures of molecules. Mass spectrometry (MS) is another important analytical tool in biology and chemical research. The recent developments in MS help one to determine the structures of even polymers and biopolymers with high resolution. MS coupled with chromatography is now an indispensible part of proteomics, metabolomics and genomics studies and is used in the analysis of extremely complex mixtures. This workshop focuses on the theory, instrumentation and applications of NMR and MS, starting from fundamentals to advanced levels and provides valuable experience to participants.
Who Can Apply?
Biology students(Masters level,Ph.D.students) and college teachers.
Total Seats : 60 Nos.
How To Apply?
Applications with a very brief CV and a statement to justify the participation in conformity with the objectives may be filed on-line by filling the online application embedded below. There is no Registration Fee.As we do early, the students who are from far off places will be given accommodation at suitable place.
Experts in the respective fields will lead the lectures
1. Prof. K.V.R. Chary, FNA, Dept of Chemical Sciences, TIFR, Mumbai
2. Prof. N.R. Jagannathan FNASc, Head of Dept of NMR & MRI facility, AIIMS, New Delhi
3. Dr. Benny K George, Head, Spectroscopy Divison, Analytical Division (VSSC)
4. Dr. Harsha Gowda, Institute of Bioinformatics, Discoverer Building, International Tech Park,Whitefield Bangalore - 560 066
5. Dr. Sudarslal, Amritha University, Kochi
6. Dr. S.K. Aggarwal, BARC, Trombay
7. Dr. Vairamani M., S.R.M University
8. Dr. Abdul Jaleel, RGCB, Trivandrum
For more details Contact: Dr C. Arunan , Scientist E2, & Head Basic Sciences Division, KSCSTE,