About the scheme
KSCSTE will notify in the form of advertisements in newspapers inviting application from candidates for the award of Post doctoral Fellowships of the Kerala State Council for Science, Technology and Environment, an autonomous body of Government of Kerala. Post Doctoral Fellowships will be given in science subjects and engineering for those who have acquired a Ph. D degree with high quality research publications in reputed journals. The PDFs will engage in full time research work for 2 years in the relevant subject areas.
- To motivate Ph.D holders to pursue research and to develop career as scientists.
- To motivate fellows and impart the skills needed for them to become lifelong learners and to develop technical and leadership skills.
Who can apply?
- Candidate should be a Keralite by birth / domicile.
- Candidates should possess a Ph.D degree in Science or Engineering , at the time of application.
- Candidates should have published at least one research paper in a Science Citation Indexed Journal (SCI- journal) or one national patent.
- Age should not be more than 40 years as on 1st January of the current year.
Each selected Post Doctoral (PD) Fellow will be eligible for a monthly fellowship of Rs.32,000/- for two years. An annual contingent grant of Rs.50,000/- and 10% H.R.A p. m also will be granted to the PD Fellows. The Post Doctoral fellowship can be availed for research in an institution other than the department or institute anywhere in India where the candidate has undergone Ph.D work.
The period of PDF shall normally be for a period of not exceeding 2 years.
How to apply
Eligible candidates may submit the application in the prescribed format with copies of certificates, training, age, educational qualifications, achievements, publications etc. The application should contain mailing address, contact number and e-mail ID. An undertaking from Head of any of the recognized Research Centres/ Departments/ Institutions stating that research facilities will be extended for the PD fellow or they have no objection to allow the PDF to carry out the programme in the institution. Full detailed application in duplicate should reach The Director, KSCSTE, Sasthra Bhavan, Pattom, Thiruvananthapuram – 695 004 on or before 12th October 2018.
- Application Format
- Terms and Conditions
- Format for SE and UC
- Format for Annual Progress Report
For further details Head STPD,