Kerala State Council for Science, Technology and Environment (KSCSTE) has launched a new programme ‘Partnering Academic Industrial Research (PAIR)’ for developing partnership between R&D institutions, academia and industry sponsored research.
The programme envisages high quality collaborative research between R&D institutions, academia and industry in a variety of area. Further, the programme will emulate research personnel trained for industrial requirement ensuring career prospects and placement through a well-articulated tripartite agreement between KSCSTE, academic institution and industry. This industrial partnership in terms of sponsored research programmes shall encourage translational research leading to the development of a process or product beneficial to the State of Kerala.
- KSCSTE will help the industry to identify the R&D institution and academia to partner with the industry for conducting the joint research.
- The sponsoring industry will define the research area/ programme of the PhD research fellow.
- Based on the advertisements, KSCSTE will select the research fellows.
- The research fellow can conduct his research working jointly in the R&D institute/ academic institute/ industry, with research advisors being drawn from each of these institutions.
- The term of research programme is normally 3 years.
- It is envisaged that after completing the PhD research in 3 to 4 years, the candidate will be appointed as an intern at the sponsoring industry with the possibility of subsequently being absorbed as permanent staff.
Source of funding
- Industry will sponsor the research fellowship of the selected candidate based on a periodic review of the progress of the research work
- KSCSTE will provide a contingent grant limited to Rs.5.0 lakhs to the institution.
- The R&D/ academic institution will provide infrastructure/laboratory facilities to the research fellow.
The joint R&D programme will be facilitated by KSCSTE through a tripartite agreement between the industry, academia and R&D institute. A State level Advisory Committee comprising eminent academicians, industrialists and scientists will be constituted for conducting the programme. The Advisory Committee will monitor the progress of the programme and will provide guidance and advice for the successful implementation of the programme.
For more details, contact:
Er. Binuja Thomas, Senior Scientist, KSCSTE
Tel: 0471 2548 211
Er. Arjun Prasad, Junior Scientist, KSCSTE
Tel: 0471 2548 218