ICT Support and as a Facilitator
- Regular Updating and maintenance of websites under the KSCSTE and S&TD Viz., Kerala Science Congress, Kerala Biotechnology Commission etc.
- Management of the Online registration and Data Management associated with Various Events &Programmes conducted by KSCSTE
- Administration and monitoring of E-mail server for KSCSTE hosted at State Data Center
- Ensuring trouble free operation of the Information Network installed at KSCSTE by managing and maintaining the Active and Passive Components such as L3-Switch, L2-Switches and Firewall etc.
- Managing the Security of Network and Servers owned by KSCSTE.
- Liaising with internal and external stakeholders for the successful implementation of ICT Projects at KSCSTE.
- Managing Facility Management Services relating to ICT components and monitoring the Service Level Agreement.
- Managing the prompt licensing and updating of software.
- Managing and procurement of desktop computers, laptops, and other ICT Infrastructure.
(New Services Proposed for implementation)
Kerala Innovation Mission (KIM)
Kerala Innovation Warehouse Information System-KIWIS
OPEN DATA CELL– in lines with NDSAP
National Knowledge Network Integration
E-Office “Less Paper Office” Implementation
Online Single Window Facility for Management and Administration of KSCSTE Fellowships
Library, Documentation & Extension
The KSCSTE Library houses a modest collection of books, reports, publications and Journals to cater to the information requirements of Scientists and researchers on subjects relating to Science, Technology and Environment.
To build up a relevant collection of information materials on Science and Technology to disseminate the necessary information to Researchers, Scientists and other Professionals.
To provide information and documentation support to the programmes and activities of KSCSTE.
To play a vital role in achieving the aims and objectives of the Institution by providing timely and relevant information to the scientific and technical staff.
Creation of a Digital Repository of information available in the libraries of the Council and R&D Centre's and making them available to the researchers, students, scientists, the academic community etc. free of cost.
In addition to the Staff Members of KSCSTE, the Library is open to Scientists and Researchers of other Institutions and Universities and all interested users for reference.
To use the library facilities others have to produce a letter of introduction from the Institutions/ Organizations concerned.
The Library has a good collection of Books, Reports and publications. It houses about 5800 documents consisting of books, various project reports, study reports, project proposals and publications of Council and other R&D Centres.
449 new books have been added during the year 2012-13
The Library also has 53 Current Journals including 3 foreign Journals, 11 newspapers and 16 Magazines for General Reading.
Scientific Gate, Kerala (SciGate-Kerala)
In Line with the National Science, Technology and Innovation Policy 2012, and the draft Science and Technology policy released by Government of Kerala, Kerala State Council For Science, Technology and Environment is embarking upon a novel initiative to develop an Innovative Online Digital Platform for mapping the Scientists, Researchers, Faculty Members and members who have a passion for science research (Working in Kerala or from Kerala, working in other States or countries). Aim of which is to create an online collaborative platform for sharing information and learning Science. As we all know that Science is becoming increasingly inter- and multi-disciplinary, and calls for multi-institutional, multi-country participation, and the support of Private Sector, the online platform developed will have multifaceted use. The platform allows Scientists, Researchers, Faculty Members and other science enthusiasts to register themselves online and enter their personal information at ease, as the system will present the user with a list of scientific publication that might have been published, based on the author’s name and the author can select the right ones by selecting it from the list. If willing, the authors can upload pdf versions of their full papers/abstract to the system, next time when they logs in.
This will serve as a catalyst to encourage the Research and Development (R&D) output and also permit multi stakeholder participation in the R&D system of the State Helps in mapping the publications made from Kerala in various disciplines of basic and applied sciences. To identify the gaps in the existing R&D system and to conduct a root cause analysis and device focused strategic interventions to bridge the same.
For more Details Contact