SELECTIVE AUGMENTATION OF RESEARCH AND DEVELOPMENT (SARD)
The scheme is intended to augment basic infrastructure facilities for promoting R&D activities primarily in the University Departments, Colleges and R & D institutions in Kerala. SARD envisages modernization of laboratories by way of acquisition of essential equipments and the upgrading of existing facilities for promoting research.
The facilities provided under the program are intended to support the efforts of the Department as a whole and proposal towards individual R&D support will not be accepted under this scheme.
Rs. 40 lakhs for a period of 3 years, mainly for the equipments and maintenance support.
The duration of support for each project will be for a period not exceeding 3 years.
Who can apply?
The support will be considered for the 'Science Department / Center' as a unit with a coordinator to take up the project.
• A permanent faculty from any of the Science (including Medical & Agriculture) and Engineering Departments/ Centres from the State of Kerala having strong postgraduate teaching and research programs are eligible to apply.
• The department should have at least 3 faculty members who are doctorate holders.
• The coordinator should have at least 3 years of experience in the institute or 5 years left for retirement.
• R & D Institutes under KSCSTE are not entitled to apply under the SARD scheme
• Self-financing colleges / institutes are entitled to a maximum of 50% of the outlay.
The selection will be through a peer-review mechanism. An expert committee evaluates the viability of the scheme based on the report from three reviewers.
The application can be submitted round the year. One copy of completed application form duly signed may be sent to the address below
soon after submitting the duly signed hard copy.
For Further Details
Basic Science Division
Kerala State Council for Science, Technology and Environment (KSCSTE)
Sasthra Bhavan, Pattom
Thiruvananthapuram – 695 004
Tel: ++91 + 471 2548200
Fax: ++91 + 471 2540085