The guidelines of BLP are being revised.
Notification will be issued soon
About the Scheme
“Back to Lab programme” programme of Women Scientists Division is aimed to provide Research and Post-Doctoral Fellowship to qualified women who have break in their career to come back to the main-stream research. The scheme offers project grant, which is inclusive of Research Fellowship/Post-Doctoral Fellowship to the Women Scientist. As per the programme, the researcher has to work in a reputed research institution under the guidance of a Scientist Mentor, who is a permanent faculty of the Institute.
To provide opportunity for qualified unemployed women, who had break in carrier to come back to Science research thereby facilitating their re-entry in a career in Science.
Who can apply?
Applicants should satisfy the following conditions.
• Unemployed women of Kerala origin qualified with Post Graduate Degree in Basic /Applied Science or Professional Courses.
• Having break in career for atleast one year due to family commitments.
Back to Lab Post-Doctoral Fellowship
• Fellowship : Rs. 32,000/- plus 10% HRA per month
• Minimum eligibility : Ph.D. in any of the streams; Science, Technology, Engineering, Agriculture or Medicine (STEAM).
Back to Lab Research Fellowship
- Fellowship : Rs. 20,000/- plus 10% HRA per month (years I&II) & Rs. 25,000/- plus 10% HRA per month (Year III).
• Maximum project grant : Rs. 30 lakhs.
• Scientist Mentor should be a permanent faculty of the institution and should have atleast 5 years left in service in the Institute.
• Post Graduate Degree holders in Basic/ Applied Science should have registered/ should register for Ph.D. within one year of sanction of the project.
• Post graduate degree holders in Basic/ Applied Science should have atleast 2 years of research experience.
• For Post-Doctoral Fellowship, the applicant should choose an institution other than their Ph.D Research centre for carrying out the Back to Lab project.
Normally for 3 years.
For more Details Contact
Head, Women Scientists Division
Kerala State Council of Science, Technology and Environment
Sasthra Bhavan, Pattom (P.O), Thiruvananthapuram – 695 004
Ph: 0471 2548208, Fax: 0471 2540085, 2534605