MISSION and VISION of the S & T Department
- Capacity building within the academic and research institutions in the state with a view to undertake major research projects and generate innovative products, processes and to protect the intellectual property rights.
- Enabling the R&D Centres of the Council financially and to carry out research and development in their respective areas of expertise.
- Identification and facilitation of projects and programmes in the biotechnology sector.
- Providing funds as grant-in-aid to select institutions as programme support for S&T activities.
- Creating Centres of Excellence in priority areas of research in research and academic institutions within the state.
- Augmentation of laboratory and scientific infrastructure in colleges, university departments and other research centres.
- Nurturing young talents and promoting them to take up projects, activities, research and development in the field of S&T.
- Promoting innovation at the grass root level and development of rural technology for the benefit of the masses.
- Development of incubator for translational research, technology transfer and pilot scale development of industrial application and high priority areas of research.
- Societal applications for S&T in the areas of S&T communication application of technology and S&T based entrepreneurship development.
- Conservation, protection and management of physical environment and ecosystems, through R&D and management action plan.
Services / Activities
Science and Technology (A) Department
- Matters on KSCSTE and constituent R&D Centres viz. NATPAC, CESS, TBGRI, RGCB, KFRI, CWRDM
- and KSOM.
- Matters relating to MBGS and STED Project.
- Annual Plan and Budget Estimates of the Department.
- Miscellaneous papers of the Department.
- KCZMA and allied matters.
- Matters related to Wetland Cell.
- Biotechnology Board and Commission.
- National Green Corps.
Chief Minister & Minister for Science & Technology
Room No: 141
3rd Floor, North Block
Phone : 0471-2333812 , 2333682
Fax : 0471-2333489
|Department of Science & Technology||
3rd Floor,Sasthra Bhavan,Pattom
Tel: ++91 + 471 2548200
Fax: ++91 + 471 2540085
Ex Officio Principal Secretary
|Other Important Officials at S & T Department|
Ex officio Principal Secretary to Government
|Sri. S Rajendran Nair||
Addl. Secretary to Govt. & Appellate Authority(RTI Act)
|Sri.Shaiju N Lal||
Under Secretary to Govt. & State Public Information Officer
|Shri. L Vinod Kumar||
Section Officer & Assistant State Public Information Officer
|......................||Personal Secretary to Principal Secretary|
|Smt.Salila M||Assistant Section Officer|
|Sri. Asok Nelson||Sl. Gr.Assistant|
|Smt.Bindu C||Sr. Gr.Assistant|
|Sri.Haris K S||Sr. Gr.Assistant|
|Shri. Raiston Prakash C C||Sr. Gr. Computer Assistant|
|Sri Manoj Babu C||Gr.I Computer Assistant|
|Shri. Shiju Mon K N||Driver cum Office Attendant|
|Sri. Binu Mon K||Attender|
|Shri. Sudarsanan S||Clerical Assistant|
|Shri. M A Ansar||Office Attendant|
|Shri. Manu . S||Office Attendant|