Srinivasa Ramanujan Institute For Basic Science was constituted in January 2012, when nation was celebrating the 125th birthday of the doyen of Indian Mathematics –Srinivasa Ramanujan. The institute was set up with the following objectives to:
- Act as a capacity building organisation in academic and research areas of Basic Science.
- Be an agent for inculcating scientific temper and passion for science.
- Develop a critical mass of high quality, trained manpower in all areas of Basic Science.
- Promote innovation in areas of Basic Science and to promote sustainable science.
- Undertake research studies which will make significant contribution in any of the broad areas of Basic Science.
- Cater intellectual interaction among scientists all across the globe.
- Conduct training programmes, workshops, seminars, symposia, colloquia,and other activities to disseminate scientific knowledge.
- Organise activities as required to inculcate scientific temper.
SRIBS is located at Pampady, kottayam on Kottayam- Kumily high way, 15 km away from kottayam town. Read More >>