Prathibha Scholarship Programme
Scholarships are awarded to students of Kerala origin who have qualified meritoriously in the Higher Secondary Examination, for pursuing Undergraduate and Postgraduate degree courses in Basic/ Natural Science in Institutions/ Universities in India. The objective of the program is to motivate aspiring students to higher studies and a career in Science.
Prathibha Scholarship Provisional Selection List 2019-20 Published (visit Downloads section)Last Date for receipt of confirmation documents (both soft & hard copy) from selected students is extended upto 20-11-2020
|Details of Payment effected in the year 2020|
How to Apply
Stage 1: Online Registration
- Applicant should Register Online before the stipulated date as per the notification issued by KSCSTE.
- Applicant should ensure the following before commencement of Online Registration.
- A valid Mobile number and E-mail ID accessible to him/her during the entire stage of selection process.
- A recent passport size photograph image of dimension 150W ×200H pixels.
- Applicant should enter their Name, Date of Birth, E-mail ID and HSE Roll Number to commence online registration.
- Applicant should enter the OTP received through E-mail and should enter a password of minimum 6 characters to continue registration.
- An Application number will be generated on successful registration. This number and the chosen password will be mailed to the applicant, which should be used for future login.
(Note: The Provisional Rank List will be published in KSCSTE website www.kscste.kerala.gov.in usually during March/April.)
Stage 2: After publication of Provisional Rank List
- The students selected in the Provisional Rank List should upload the following documents for confirmation of scholarship.
- Student Data-Sheet, duly signed by the applicant and endorsed by the Head of the Institution where they are admitted for Degree Course.
- Copy of Mark list of Higher Secondary Board Examination- self attested.
- Community Certificate for SC/ST applicants.
- Certificate in proof of ‘Place of Origin’ [Applicant should be of Kerala origin].
- Terms & Conditions”, duly signed.
- E-payment form- in prescribed format.
- Only those who submit the above documents within the stipulated time (as published in the website) will be considered for final ranking.
- Application can be submitted online from 1st January 2020 to 25th February 2020.
- Any query on registration, should be addressed to the E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com Tel: 0471- 2548346, 2548208
- Click here to Apply
- Scholarship is awarded for studies in Basic / Natural Sciences.
- Students are selected at Undergraduate level only.
- Selection is based on the aggregate marks obtained for all science subjects in the Higher Secondary Examination.
- Those who have availed Prathibha Scholarship for all 3 years of Undergraduate Course and has qualified Degree Course with minimum 75% marks are eligible to continue the scholarship for Postgraduate course.
- The selected students are eligible for scholarship as follows.
- U.G. Course/ First 3 years of Integrated P.G. Course
- 1st Year - 12,000/-
- 2nd Year - 18,000/-
- 3rd Year - 24,000/-
- P.G. Course (subject to scoring minimum 75% marks for Undergraduate course)
- 1st Year/ 4th Year of Integrated P.G. Course - 40,000/-
- 2nd Year/ 5th Year of Integrated P.G. Course - 60,000/-
- Offers opportunities for attending Science Enrichment Programmes and summer internships in reputed National and State level R&D institutions in Kerala.
- Eight Prathibha Scholars (two scholars in each of the disciplines- Biology, Chemistry, Mathematics and Physics) are eligible to be considered for summer programmes at IISER-Trivandrum. The selection of Prathibha Scholars for summer programmes is subject to the norms of IISER-Trivandrum.
- The scheme ensures at least 50% of the selection for girl students. 10% of the selection is reserved for SC/ST students.
- Hundred Scholarships are allotted with the weightage of 30% for mathematical science, 40% for Physical Science and 30 % for Life Sciences based on the subject main chosen for the Degree course. Students in Triple-main courses are ranked in all three subject areas and are selected based on their top ranking position.
- Applicant should be of Kerala origin.
- Applicant should have qualified Higher Secondary Examination from Kerala.
- Applicant should have qualified Higher Secondary Board Examination with minimum 90% marks or equivalent grade for all subjects put together and minimum 90% marks or equivalent grade for all Science subjects put together.(For SC/ST reservation category, the eligibility is stipulated to minimum marks of 80% or equivalent grade for all subjects in total and minimum 80% marks or equivalent grade for all Science subjects in total).
- Applicant should have secured admission for B.Sc. /Integrated M.Sc. / Integrated BS-MS course in Basic or Natural Science (23 subjects enlisted in the ‘guidelines’) in any of the Institutions or Universities in India in 2019-20.
Women Scientist Division (WSD)
Kerala State Council for Science, Technology and Environment,
Sasthra Bhavan, Pattom, Thiruvananthapuram – 4
Tel No. + 91-471-2548208, Fax : 0471 2540085, 2534605
- Provisional Selection List 2019 -20 Login for Selected Students
- Instruction for Scholarship Confirmation
- Terms & Conditions