Prathibha Scholarship Programme
Scholarships are awarded to students from Kerala who have qualified meritoriously in the Higher Secondary Examination for pursuing Degree and Post Graduate courses in Basic/ Natural Science in Institutions/ Universities in India. This is to motivate aspiring students for higher studies and to take up career in Science. Students are selected at Undergraduate level only. Selection is based on the aggregate marks obtained for all science subjects in the Higher Secondary Examination.
- New Applicants ; 2019-20
- Scholarship renewal and continuation for P.G. Course ; 2019-20
Applications are invited through advertisement every year normally during August.
- Prathibha Scholars are eligible for scholarship as follows every year.
i. B.Sc. Degree Course/ First 3 years of Integrated M.Sc. (BS-MS) Course
- 1st Year - Rs. 12,000/-
- 2nd Year - Rs. 18,000/-
- 3rd Year - Rs. 24,000/-
ii. M.Sc. Course – As continuation to the Undergraduate course with minimum 75% marks
- 1st Year/ 4th Year of Integrated M.Sc. Course - Rs. 40,000/-
- 2nd Year/ 5th Year of Integrated M.Sc. Course - Rs. 60,000/-
- Opportunity to attend Science Enrichment Programmes and summer internships in reputed R&D institutions in the State and eight scholars are eligible for summer programmes at IISER-Trivandrum subject to the norms of IISER-Trivandrum
- At least 50% of the scholars selected will be girl students; 10% is reserved for SC/ST students.
- Students who have secured 90% and above or equivalent grade in Higher Secondary Examination along with 90% marks and above or equivalent grade for all science subjects
- SC/ST students who have secured 80% and above or equivalent grade in Higher Secondary Examination along with 80% marks and above or equivalent grade for all science subjects
- Applicants should have secured admission for B.Sc. /Integrated M.Sc. / Integrated BS-MS course in Basic or Natural Science in any of the Institutions or Universities in India.
Women Scientists Division
Kerala State Council of Science, Technology and Environment
Sasthra Bhavan, Pattom (P.O), Thiruvananthapuram – 695 004
Ph: 0471 2548208, Fax: 0471 2540085, 2534605
1.Prathibha Scholarship -new applicants
- Documents for Confirmation
- Status Verification Certificate
- Advance Receipt & E-Payment
- Terms & Conditions – UG Programme
- Proof on Nativity
- Community Certificate ( for Reservation Students)
2. Scholarship Renewal (2nd yr& 3rd yr. B.Sc./ Integrated M.Sc., 2nd yr. M.Sc./ Integrated PhD, 5th yr. Integrated M.Sc.)
3. Continuation of Scholarship for PG Programme (1st yr. M.Sc., 4th yr. integrated M.Sc., 1st yr Integrated PhD)