SCHEME FOR PROMOTING YOUNG TALENTS IN SCIENCE (SPYTiS)
Under the scheme, students from schools, polytechnic colleges and those admitted to undergraduate level courses in colleges will be selected every year for doing a science project - SPYTiS-I (for school students) and SPYTiS-II (college level students). Selected students will be provided financial support for successfully completing the project.
Applications invited under Scheme For Promoting Young Talents In Science (SPYTiS) (Last Date :
20 July 2019 extended to 01 August 2019)
Proposals in the prescribed format are generally invited in the month of June every year through advertisement in KSCSTE website and dailies
- SPYTiS – I - Groups of maximum 5 students of Class VIII-XII from a school will be selected for the financial assistance of up to Rs.5,000/- for doing a science project
- SPYTiS – II - Students who have innovative ideas in science & technology and enrolled in polytechnic colleges and undergraduate courses in colleges will be provided financial assistance up to Rs.10,000/- for conducting projects
- Financial assistance will be provided to the host institution and the students have to work under the guidance/supervision of a teacher
- Awardees are encouraged to participate in Science Talent Fair, National Children’s Science Congress or Kerala Science Congress organized by KSCSTE for presenting their projects/findings
- Duration of the project is one year
Students from schools, polytechnic colleges and those admitted to undergraduate level courses in colleges/universities shall apply (Proposals from students enrolled in professional courses will not be considered under SPYTiS. They shall apply under Student Project scheme for financial assistance).
The Head, Science Education Division (SED)
Kerala State Council for Science, Technology and Environment,
SasthraBhavan, Pattom, Thiruvananthapuram – 4
Tel No. + 91-471-2548218/223