“BACK-TO-LAB” RESEARCH FELLOWSHIP PROGRAMME
The “Back-to-Lab” programme offers Research and Post-Doctoral Fellowship to women who have break in their career, to facilitate their re-entry in science research. The fellowship is provided normally for a period of 3 years.The scheme is open to unemployed women of Kerala origin qualified with post-graduate degree in Basic or Applied Science or Professional Courses.
Applications can be submitted in response to notification issued once in a year, tentatively during January.
- Monthly Research Fellowship of Rs.22,000/- + 10 % HRA in the first two years and Rs.25,000/- + 10 % HRA per month in the third year, along with an annual contingent grant of Rs.20,000/-.
- Duration of the Fellowship is 3 years or till the date of submission of Ph.D Thesis, whichever is earlier.
- Only women candidates are eligible to apply.
- Applicant should be of Kerala origin and unemployed.
- Age limit : 45 years
- Applicant should have qualified post-graduation with minimum 60% marks.
- Applicant should have a valid Ph.D. registration in an institution of academic/ research excellence in Kerala including R&D institutions, University Departments, Govt. Aided colleges, in any of the streams; Science, Technology, Engineering, Agriculture or Medicine (STEAM).
- Applicant should have completed Ph.D. course work.
- Only those research scholars who are under (undergone) career break spanning for a minimum period of 6 months during the course of their Ph.D. programme due to maternity or other valid reasons are eligible to apply.
- Applicant should not have completed 4 years as on the date of Ph.D. registration.
- Applicant should not be receiving any fellowship or grant from any other source.
Women Scientists Division
Kerala State Council of Science, Technology and Environment
Sasthra Bhavan, Pattom (P.O), Thiruvananthapuram – 695 004
Ph: 0471 2548208, Fax: 0471 2540085, 2534605
- Date of Start intimation
- Annual Progress Report
- Statement of Expenditure
- Utilization Certificate
- Re-appropriation of Budget
- Project Completion Report
- Asset Transfer Certificate
- Submission of Final Technical Report (FTR)