Patent Information Centre – Kerala (PIC-KERALA)
Patent Information Centre – Kerala (PIC-Kerala), which acts as the Nodal Agency of the Kerala State for IPR related matters and services caters to the various IP needs of the Scientists, Researchers, Academicians, Professionals, Industrialists, Entrepreneurs, Policy makers, Grass root Innovators, etc, in the State. PIC has been in the forefront in creating awareness about Intellectual Property Rights (IPR) in the State. The activities of the Centre encompass assisting individual inventors/ institutions/organizations in protecting their inventions and creative works, inculcating IPR culture among the scientific community, providing advice and technical inputs to the State Government on IPR related issues, to frame the Govt. policies on IPR maters etc. The ultimate goal of PIC is to increase the IP output of the State.
Applications for Patent Facilitation and Financial/Technical assistance for conducting IPR awareness programmes can be submitted round the year.
- Technical/Financial assistance to Organizations/Departments/ Institutions for organizing Seminars/ Workshops on Intellectual Property Rights (IPR). Maximum financial assistance of Rs.50,000/- (one day Programme) and Rs.75,000/- (two day Programme)
- Technical support for filing patents by conducting patent database search to determine the patentability status of the inventions, free of cost.
- Technical/Legal assistance to inventors for drafting and filing Patents through Official Patent Attorney.
- Facilitates filing of Patents through TIFAC or directly by KSCSTE on case to case basis.
- Selection of Institutions for conducting IPR programmes through screening the applications and the recommendations of Expert Committee.
- Technical/Financial Assistance for conducting IPR Awareness Programmes: Faculty members of University Departments/ Educational Institutions, Scientists/ Officials of R&D/Scientific Institutions, Govt. Officials, Officials of NGO’s/ Professional Bodies.
- Technical Assistance for filing Patents: Any individual Inventor/Institution/Organization/ University.
The Nodal Officer,
Patent Information Centre – Kerala,
KSCSTE, Sasthra Bhavan, Pattom,
Thiruvananthapuram – 695 004.
Tel: 0471–2543234, 0471 – 2548252, 2548315
Fax: 0471 – 2543234 (D), 0471 - 2540085
- Patent Facilitation Form
- Application Format for financial assistance
- Terms and Conditions
- Guidelines for IPR programmes
- Format of Statement of Expenditure
- Utilization Certificate
Download the appropriate forms/documents and send hard copy to the Director, Kerala State Council for Science, Technology & Environment, Sasthra Bhavan, Pattom, Thiruvananthapuram – 695 004