Rural Technology Programme (RTP)
This scheme is to encourage and promote rural and grass root innovations by providing financial assistance and technical support to develop traditional/rural technologies or upgrade the existing technologies so that it could be perfected for wider applications and employment generations and to reduce the drudgery of the rural households. This scheme supports the grass root innovators in developing and perfecting their innovative ideas in rural technology sector. Based on the recommendations of the Technical Committee for RTP (TC-RTP), maximum financial grant up to Rs. 4 lakhs will be provided for the projects for duration of 2 years.
Project Proposals will be invited through notification in the website, on quarterly basis, generally during January, April, July and October.
- Maximum financial grant of Rs.4 lakhs is provided for the sanctioned projects for a maximum duration of 2 years.
- Selection of Projects for funding is made by the Technical Committee for RTP (TC-RTP).
- Principal Investigators of the Projects are attached to Tie –up Institutions and the financial grant is released through the Tie –Up Institutions.
- Tie-up Institutions are eligible for institutional overhead charges limiting to 10% of total project cost.
- Faculty of Research Organizations/ Academic Institutions/ Non Governmental Organizations in this field.
- Grass root innovators and Individuals.
- Age and academic qualification is not a barrier to apply.
Technology Development & Project Management Division (TDPMD),
KSCSTE, Sasthra Bhavan, Pattom,
Thiruvananthapuram – 695 004.
Tel: 0471–2548230, 2548231, 2548252
Fax: 0471 – 2543234 (D), 0471 - 2540085
- Terms & Conditions
- Application Format
- Format of Statement of Expenditure
- Utilization Certificate
- Format of Quarterly Progress Report
- Format of Project Completion Report
- Format of Asset Transfer Certificate
Download the appropriate forms/documents and send the hard copy to
Kerala State Council for Science, Technology & Environment
Sasthra Bhavan, Pattom
Thiruvananthapuram – 695 004