Technological Festival (TECHFEST)
TECHFEST, renamed as TEKON is an annual technical programme for encouraging and promoting the innovations from Engineering Students in the State. The Programme is a mega technological event which showcases the technological innovations/inventions developed by the Engineering Students in the State. The Programme provides an opportunity for the talented engineering students to exhibit/demonstrate their innovative products. TEKON has been conducted joined with A.P.J. Abdul Kalam Technological University. INNOVATE scheme has been implemented as part of TEKON, which supports innovative project development by providing financial assistance up to Rs.20,000/-,based on the recommendations of the Screening Committee, on the condition that the projects shall be exhibited in TEKON.
- Applications for participation in TEKON are invited once in a year usually in August - October. Students can submit the applications through the Head of the Institution. Projects selected by the Screening Committee can be contested in the event.
- Project Proposals under the INNOVATE Scheme are invited from all the Engineering Colleges through notification in the website, once in a year generally during June.
- Attractive prizes are given to the best projects contested in TEKON.
- Special Prizes are given to the best projects on selected tracks by Industries.
- Selection of projects under the ‘Contest’ category and ‘Exhibition’ category of TEKON will be made by the Screening Committee.
- Under the INNOVATE scheme, maximum financial assistance of Rs.20,000/- will be provided to the selected projects for prototype development.
- Selection of projects for funding under INNOVATE scheme is made by the Screening Committee.
- Individual/ Group of maximum 5 students from any Engineering College within the State of Kerala can submit Project Proposals for financial assistance. A teaching faculty of the institution should be the guide for each innovative project.
- Projects already won prize or given financial assistance by KSCSTE cannot be considered under this scheme.
- Individual/ Group of maximum 5 students from any Engineering College within the State of Kerala can apply for participation in TEKON. A teaching faculty of the Institution should be the guide for each innovative project.
Technology Development & Project Management Division (TDPMD),
KSCSTE, Sasthra Bhavan, Pattom,
Thiruvananthapuram – 695 004.
Tel: 0471–2548230, 2548231, 2548252
Fax: 0471 – 2543234 (D), 0471 - 2540085
- Application Format
- Format of Statement of Expenditure & Utilization Certificate
Download the appropriate forms/documents and send the hard copy to The Director, Kerala State Council for Science, Technology & Environment, Sasthra Bhavan, Pattom, Thiruvananthapuram – 695 004