KERALA BIOTECHNOLOGY COMMISSION (KBC)
The Govt. of Kerala had constituted the Biotechnology Board (KBB) with eminent Biotechnologists of the Country in 2003 to create the best environment in the state for growth of Biotechnology. The implementing body of KBB, the Kerala Biotechnology Commission (KBC) is responsible for the implementation of the Biotechnology Policy and other guidelines laid down by the Biotechnology Board and is taking a lead role in promoting R & D and industrial growth in the area of Biotechnology. KBC manages multifarious programmes relevant to the development of the State as well as Human Resource Development support in Biotechnology.
The major Objectives of KBC are to:
- Provide research support to young scientists for pursuing research in emerging areas of biotechnology
- Provide translational research in various disciplines of biotechnology with industrial partnership
- Extend support for conducting training projects to promote rural innovations for developing biotech based products
- Build up and strengthen the human resource capacity in biotechnology through supporting the training and workshop initiatives in the emerging areas of biotechnology
1. Schemes for Promoting Biotechnology Research
- Young Investigator’s Programme in Biotechnology (YIPB)
- Kerala Biotechnology Re-entry Fellowship (K-BiREF)
2. Schemes for Industrial Collaboration & Entrepreneurship development in Biotechnology
3. Scheme for promoting Rural Innovations in Biotechnology
4. Schemes / Programmes for Capacity building in Biotechnology
|Prof. (Dr.) G. M. Nair
|Dr. Sarika A. R.
|Smt. Fathima Zahra
|Smt. Manju V. J.
|Smt. Nithya J. Nair
Kerala Biotechnology Commission
Kerala State Council for Science Technology & Environment (KSCSTE)
Sasthra Bhavan, Pattom P. O.,
Thiruvananthapuram – 695 004
Ph: + 91-471-2548259/254/406