Kerala Biotechnology Re-Entry Fellowship (K-BiREF)
A fellowship programme to attract well-trained and highly skilled researchers with good track record (Indian nationals) working abroad in various frontier areas in biotechnology (biomedical sciences, agriculture, veterinary science, bioengineering, energy, environment, bioinformatics and other related areas) to research and academic institutions in Kerala, by providing them an attractive opportunity to pursue research and development in biotechnology. Applications will be screened by an expert committee and shortlisted candidates are interviewed.
Applications are invited twice every year; the proposal may be submitted in the prescribed format when notified.
- Fellow entitled for a monthly remuneration of Rs. 75,000/- with an annual increase of 3% along with 10% HRA per month
- Annual research /contingency grant of Rs 7.5 lakh each for first and second year and Rs 5 lakh each for the subsequent 3 years.
- Host Institution may provide medical benefits, transport allowance, and other benefits as per the prevailing norms applicable to their employees of the equivalent rank out of their own resources/ funds.
- Fellowship is further extendable for another term after evaluation.
- The applicant should possess a Ph.D., M.D. or equivalent degree and at least three years of post-doctoral research experience in premier research laboratories abroad with an outstanding track record of research in biotechnology related areas as reflected in publications and other recognitions.
- Only candidates (Indian nationals) working overseas who are below 45 years of age are eligible. The fellowship is tenable at any reputed institutions in Kerala.
The Advisor, Kerala Biotechnology Commission
Kerala State Council for Science, Technology and Environment (KSCSTE),
SasthraBhavan, Pattom, Thiruvananthapuram – 695 004
Telephone: (0471) 2548406, 2548259,
E-mail: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org