Ozone Day Celebrations
The United Nations (UN) International Day for the Preservation of the Ozone Layer is celebrated on September 16 every year. This event commemorates the date of the signing of the Montreal Protocol on Substances that deplete the Ozone Layer in 1987. To mark this day as annual observance, Kerala State Council for Science Technology and Environment co-ordinates state wide activities and offers financial support for conducting various activities based on a theme.
Theme for Ozone day 2019 to be marked on 16 September is : 32 Years and Healing
The theme for this year celebrates over three decades of remarkable international cooperation to protect the ozone layer and the climate under the Montreal Protocol. It reminds us that we must keep up the momentum to ensure healthy people and a healthy planet.
Applications are invited in the prescribed format for the year 2019. The format and guidelines can be downloaded from this website. The proposals as hard copy endorsed by Head of Institution should be submitted on or before 26 JULY 2019 to the Director, Kerala State Council for Science, Technology and Environment, Sasthra Bhavan, Pattom, Thiruvananthapuram-695004.
- The extent of financial support
a.Schools, ITIs - Polytechnics - Rs 10,000/-
b.Colleges, Professional Colleges, University Departments, R&D Institutions (State/Central& under KSCSTE)- Rs 20,000/-
c.Registered NGO’s- Rs 15,000/-
- Finalized programme activities of Ozone Day Celebrations should be furnished along with the proposal. The duration of programme conducted may not be more than three days.
- Applications will be scrutinized by an Expert Committee. List of selected institutions shall be published on website of KSCSTE. Selection of NGOs will be based on the Council Order No. (M) 129/2007/CSTE, dtd. 25.10.2007.
- Report, audited financial statements and bank details of the Institution should be submitted within two months after successful conduct of the programme (on or before 26 NOVEMBER 2019).
- Ozone Day 2019 Celebrations is to be organized on 16 September 2019. If the institutions find it difficult to arrange the programme on the proposed date, they may organize the programme on a convenient date between 16 September 2019 and 26 September 2019. The duration of programme may not be more than three days.
- The proposals can be submitted by R&D Institutions (State, Central & Institutions under KSCSTE), Schools (Govt/Aided), Colleges including Professional colleges (Govt/Aided), University Departments, Govt. Industrial Training Institutes (ITI), Government Polytechnic Colleges, Registered Non-Government Organizations (NGOs) within the State of Kerala eligible as per the guidelines laid down by KSCSTE.
- Programme Co-ordinator must be a permanent faculty/ regular staff/ of the institution/ organization in the State.
The Head, Coastal and Environment Division (CED)
Kerala State Council for Science, Technology and Environment,
Sasthra Bhavan, Pattom, Thiruvananthapuram – 4
Tel No 0471 -2548213; 0471- 2548243