National Workshop on Computational Chemistry organised by
SRIBS and IIITM-K (Online Classroom)
Advances in computational hardware and quantum chemical simulations methods have made it possible to construct remarkably accurate computer models of complicated chemical process. As a result, utilization of computing platforms in research has grown rapidly in recent times and molecular reaction simulation is one of the main uses of super computing cycles in the world today. In the broad area of computational chemistry, several electronic structure methods are available for solving a chemical problem.
The workshop will focus on topics such as Overview of Quantum Chemistry, Introduction to Computational Chemistry, Electronic Structure Prediction, Computation of IR, UV and NMR spectra. The workshop will also provide hands on training on computational chemistry software through internet.
This programme is organized in association with Indian Institute of Information Technology and Management- Kerala (IIITM-K), Technopark, Trivandrum
Dates : 7-9, October 2020
- Prof. E.D. Jemmis, IISc, Bangalore
- Prof. M.S. Gopinathan, former HOD, Dept of Chemistry, IIT Madras
- Prof. R.B. Sunoj, IIT-Bomaby, Mumabi
- Dr. Suresh C.H., Senior Principal Scientist, CSIR-NIIST, Trivandrum
- Prof. Anoop Ayyappan, IIT, Kharagpur
- Dr. Jayasree E.G, Kerala University, Trivandrum
- Dr. Balanarayanan, P. IISER, Mohali
- Prof. Manoj T.K., IIITM-K, Trivandrum
- Dr. D.R. Sherin, IIITM-K, Trivandrum