Database Of “Women In Science In Kerala”
The government of Kerala has been taking proactive measures for the empowerment of women in various sections of society. Today, the advancement in Science & Technology happens so rapidly that makes the planning process a difficult task. One of the very important problems faced by planners and policy makers in addressing gender issues in science and technology is the lack of adequate data on the actual representation of women at different levels of academics and profession.
In this context, KSCSTE, under its Women Scientists Division (WSD), initiated this online database on “Women in Science in Kerala”. This resource base directory aims to obtain baseline data and compile information on women's representation and their expertise in different areas of S&T fields at academic and professional level.
Registration can be done through the website www.ws.kscste.kerala.gov.in OR click the link below
- KSCSTE Database of “Women in Science in Kerala” is a record of State level representation of Women in different sectors of Science education and profession.
- The ‘Database’ is open for registration by eligible women in the fields of Science, Technology, Engineering, Agriculture and Medicine (STEAM).
- The Database covers women in the categories of “Students”, “Employed’, “Unemployed” and “Retired”, who are practicing Science in the State of Kerala.
- Women of Kerala origin engaged in Science at academic/ professional level OR Women in Science belonging to any origin/ nationality, who are placed in Kerala.
- Should have qualified PG in Basic/ Applied Sciences or Degree in professional courses.
Women Scientists Division
Kerala State Council of Science, Technology and Environment
Sasthra Bhavan, Pattom (P.O), Thiruvananthapuram – 695 004
Ph: 0471 2548208, Fax: 0471 2540085, 2534605