“BACK-TO-LAB” POST-DOCTORAL FELLOWSHIP PROGRAMME
The “Back-to-Lab” programme of Women Scientists Division offers Research and Post-Doctoral Fellowship to women who have break in their career, to facilitate their re-entry in science research. The fellowship is provided normally for a period of 2 years. The scheme is open to unemployed women who are permanent residents of Kerala and qualified with Ph.D. in Science or Engineering.
|Terms & Conditions|
|Details of Payment effected in the year 2023|
|Details of Payment effected in the year 2022|
|Details of Payment effected in the year 2021|
|Details of Payment effected in the year 2020|
- Eligible applicants may apply online in the KSCSTE web portal for New applications 2022-23 in the following link www.submit.kscste.kerala.gov.in
- The scheme offers Post-doctoral fellowship of 45,000/-+ 10 % HRA p.m. along with an annual contingency grant of Rs.75,000/-.
- Duration of the Fellowship is limited to maximum 2 years
- Only women candidates are eligible to apply
- Applicant should be a Permanent Resident of Kerala.
- Applicant should be unemployed and should be under career-break due to family commitments or other related matters, at the time of application.
- Applicant should not receiving any emoluments from any source at the time of application.
- Those who have availed KSCSTE Back-to-Lab Fellowship earlier for their Ph.D programme are not eligible to apply.
- Age limit: 40 years - as on the date of application, relaxable for 3 years for OBC and 5 years for SC/ST
- Applicant should have qualified Ph.D. as on the date of application and should have scored minimum 60% marks for post-graduation.
- Applicant should have chosen an institution as Research Centre subject to the following.
- The Research Centre should not be the same as Ph.D Research Centre.
- Tenable only in R&D institutions (National/State level) or University Departments in Kerala and should belong to the category of “Government Institutions” [however, premier National Institutions viz.,IISER, IIT, IISc. etc outside the State shall also be considered ]
- Applicant should have published at least one research paper in a SCI Journal/ secured patent.
- Those who have already availed one Post-Doctoral Fellowship from KSCSTE or elsewhere are not eligible to apply.
Women Scientists Division
Kerala State Council of Science, Technology and Environment
Sasthra Bhavan, Pattom (P.O), Thiruvananthapuram – 695 004
Ph: 0471 2548208, Fax: 0471 2540085, 2534605
A. New Applicants : 2022-23
- New Applicants
Format for File Uploads
- Certificate on Career Break
- Declaration by the applicant
- Consent from Scientist Mentor
- Endorsement from Head of Institution
II. On Tentative sanction of Project
III. Upon Joining the institute
B. Ongoing Researchers
(i) Documents to be submitted for release of subsequent year grant
- Statement of Expenditure & Utilization Certificate
- Annual Progress Report (Project year)
- List of Publications (during the project year)
(ii) Documents to be submitted on completion of project
- Statement of Expenditure & Utilization Certificate for the 3rd year
- Annual Progress Report for the 3rd year
- Project Completion Report
- Statement of Expenditure & Utilization Certificate for entire project grant (Consolidated)
- Final Technical Report (FTR)
- Asset Transfer Certificate(if any)
- Full list of Publications (based on the project only)