Srinivasa Ramanujan Institute for Basic Sciences (SRIBS) is a capacity building Institute envisaged for Research, Teaching and Learning in Basic Sciences. SRIBS was established by the Govt. of Kerala (Kerala Gazette No. 46 dated 19thNovember 2013, part 1) in 2013. Hon’ble Chief Minister inaugurated the Institute on 7th Feb 2013 and its office building near RIT campus on 9th Feb 2014.The main objective of the institute is to formulate and implement programmes for capacity building for young faculty members, researchers and post graduate students in contemporary areas of sciences.
SRINIVASA RAMANUJAN INSTITUTE FOR BASIC SCIENCES
Velloor P.O, Pampady, Kottayam, Kerala 686501
Ph no : 0481 250 0200
Website : www.sribs.kerala.gov.in
- Promote original, often speculative thinking that produces advances in knowledge that change the way we understand the nature.
- Undertake research studies which will make significant contributions in any of the broad areas in basic sciences.
- Cater intellectual interactions among scientists all across the globe.
- Build a strong network of scientists who could conduct original research in challenging theoretical areas.
- Facilitate training of young scientists in basic sciences.
Institute has organized several colloquia, seminars, workshops and symposia with the support of over 200 internationally acclaimed scientists from about 100 premier institutions around the world, benefitting over 1500 students, teachers and researchers in various areas of science.
For more details visit : www.sribs.kerala.gov.in