KSCSTE Research Fellowship
This scheme is for encouraging enthusiastic and passionate post-graduate science/ engineering students by supporting financially in their Ph.D. studies. There are seven science streams which the students can opt for fellowship. They are Mathematical Sciences, Life Sciences, Chemical Sciences, Physical Sciences, Engineering Sciences, Environmental Sciences and Earth-Atmospheric and Planetary Sciences.
The KSCSTE fellows are selected based on a rigorous online examination among bright post-graduate students.
KSCSTE Research Fellowship 2022 Results announced
|Details of Payment Effected in the Year 2022|
Details of Payment Effected in the Year 2021
February 2021Details of Payment Effected in the Year 2020July 2020May 2020
Applications are invited through online mode.
- A non - refundable fee of Rs. 750 /- for general candidates and free for SC/ST and Differently abled.
- The Fellowship carries a monthly stipend of Rs 31,000/- for the first two years (JRF) and Rs. 35,000/- per month in the third year (SRF). Additionally, there is an annual contingency grant of Rs. 20,000/-. (With effect from January 2020).
- All Research Fellows shall be allowed hostel accomodation wherever available and those residing in hostel provided by University/Institute shall not be eligible for HRA. Reimbursement of hostel fee shall not permissible, Where hostel facility is not possible. House Rent Allowance shall be allowed maximum of 10% of their fellowship.
- The fellowship is for a period not exceeding three years.
- Candidates who have qualified the post-graduate degree, shall have three consecutive chances to apply for the Fellowship programme. Thus, a candidate who has passed the examination in the current year can apply in this year, the next year, and year after next.
- The candidates (General and OBC candidates) should have minimum 70% marks or equivalent CGPA in their PG examination and 65% for SC/ST and differently-abled candidates.
- Only candidates who have their qualifying degree (PG) from any of the Universities in Kerala are eligible to apply.
- Upper age limit: Maximum 35 years (Should not exceed 35 years as on the 1st of the month of advertisement published in the website) for all applicants.
Basic Science Division
Kerala State Council for Science, Technology and Environment (KSCSTE)
SasthraBhavan, Pattom, Thiruvananthapuram – 695 004
Tel: +91 471 2548360/314