Engineering & Technology Programme (ETP)
Engineering and Technology Programme (ETP) is a Research Support Programme of KSCSTE to encourage and promote high quality research in the emerging areas of Engineering and Technology by providing research grant for the implementation of such research projects. Faculties of Engineering Colleges and Scientists from Research Institutions/Research Laboratories can apply under the scheme. The scheme supports research projects in any of the identified domain themes/sub themes which will be notified from time to time. Based on the recommendations of the Programme Advisory Committee (PAC-ETP), maximum research grant of Rs.30 lakh will be provided to the selected projects for a maximum duration of 3 years.
The Principal Investigators who have submitted Projects Proposals to KSCSTE during the last 3 years are requested to follow the new guidelines and re-submit the proposals again through the new Digital Project Proposal Submission System of KSCSTE available at www.submit.kscste.kerala.gov.in
|Details of Payment Effected in the Year 2021|
|Details of Payment Effected in the Year 2020|
Project Proposals will be invited through notification in the website of KSCSTE, once in a year. The Proposals can be submitted through online only through only through https://submit.kscste.kerala.gov.in on notification and during the active time. Proposals under this scheme shall be submitted online only. Proposals submitted in any other mode will not be considered and summarily rejected.
The Research proposals are to be submitted in two stages. In the first stage, only pre-proposals will be invited. The detailed proposals need to be submitted on intimation after the review and evaluation of the pre-proposals. The proposal should fit in to any of the following domain themes/sub themes, which will be notified from time to time.
|Sl No||Domain Themes||Sub Themes|
|Natural Hazards: Mitigation & Management
|Drought, Floods, Landslides, Earthquake, Cyclone, Sea Erosion, Lightning, Spatial temporal dynamics of climatic parameters, Carbon Sequestration, Mitigation of climate changes|
|ii||Water Resources Conservation and Management||Water Quality, Wetlands, Studies on water relations to forests|
|iii.||Advanced Methods of Waste Management||Solids & Liquids Waste Treatment and Disposal|
E-mobility and High-Speed Transportation Systems
|Biofuel, Fuel cell, Solar energy, Energy Storage|
Health Sector & Biotechnological Developments
|Epidemiological Studies, Development of Medical devices, Standardisation of Ayurvedic Medicines and Traditional Knowledge, Vaccine & Drug Development, Viral Studies, Nutraceuticals, Disease Diagnostic kit Development, Vector borne diseases, Translational research, Medical Biotechnology|
Resource Mapping & Management
|Biodiversity Conservation, Value Addition of Heavy Minerals, Wood Technology|
|Development of Improved & High Yield Varieties, New IOT based irrigation Technologies, Integrated Pest Management, Precision Agriculture, Micronutrient Development, Modern Harvesting Technologies, Post Harvest Technologies, Land use land cover dynamics, Climate change resilient crops|
|Spatial decision support systems, MIS, Expert systems, Geo-informatics, Bigdata with AI, Machine Learning|
|ix.||Solution Oriented Research for Location Specific Problems of Kerala State.||River bank stabilization, Salinity ingression, radiation issues, implication of large scale sand mining, groundwater status|
Other relevant Themes
|Biological invasions, Natural capital accounting, Devices based on Micro-Electro-Mechanical Systems and Nano Technologies, Higher Research in Mathematical Sciences, Veterinary science and fisheries|
- Maximum research grant of Rs.30 lakh is provided for carrying out the research for a maximum duration of 3 years.
- Selection of projects for research grant is made in two stages
Stage 1: Review and evaluation of pre-proposals by subject experts
Stage 2: Review of detailed proposals by Reviewers followed by Evaluation by Programme Advisory
Committee (PAC- ETP)
- The research grant for the implementation of the project is released through the Implementing Institution.
- Implementing Institution is eligible for an overhead @ 10% of total expenditure subject to a ceiling of Rs.1 lakh, on successful completion of the project and after settlement of the SE & UC.
- Principal Investigator (PI) shall be a regular Faculty of Research Centres/Scientists in R&D Institutions, Engineering Departments of Universities, Government/ Aided Engineering Colleges in the Kerala State.
- The PI shall have more than five years of service period left for superannuation at the time of submission of project proposal.
- PhD. is desirable for the Principal Investigator (PI). Otherwise, he/ she shall be at least an M.Tech/M.E holder and the Co-Investigator should be a Ph.D. holder.
- In the case of research proposals from Centrally funded Institutions, it is desirable that there may be a State Institution as collaborator.
- For interdisciplinary subjects, at least one of the Co-Investigators should be an Expert with commendable experience in the specialized field of Engineering.
|The Director, KSCSTE, Sasthra Bhavan, Pattom, Thiruvananthapuram Tel : 0471 2548200 –209 Email: email@example.com|
|Scientist – in – Charge Dr. Ajit Prabhu V. Chief Scientist (Scientist G), KSCSTE, Sasthra Bhavan, Pattom, Thiruvananthapuram Tel: 0471–2548252, 2548315 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org|