Ecology and Environment Programme
A scheme for providing assistance in the form of grants to scientists and technologists for scientific/research work with particular relevance to the state of Kerala on the environmental problems like waste management, environmental pollution, environmental health, biodiversity conservation, conservation of natural resources and environment management issues.
|Details of Payment effected in the year 2021|
|Details of Payment effected in the year 2020|
Project Proposals will be invited through notification in the website of KSCSTE, once in a year. The Proposals can be submitted through online only on notification and during the active time. Proposals submitted in any other mode will not be considered and summarily rejected.
The research proposals are to be submitted in two stages. In the first stage, only pre-proposals will be invited. The detailed proposal need to be submitted on intimation after the review and evaluation of the pre-proposals. The proposal should fit in to any of the following domain themes/sub themes, which will be notified fro time to time.
|Sl No||Domain Themes||Sub Themes|
|i||Natural Hazards: Mitigation & Management
|Drought, Floods, Landslides, Earthquake, Cyclone, Sea Erosion, Lightning, Spatial temporal dynamics of climatic parameters, Carbon Sequestration, Mitigation of climate changes|
|ii||Water Resources Conservation and Management||Water Quality, Wetlands, Studies on water relations to forests|
|iii||Advanced Methods of Waste Management||Solids & Liquids Waste Treatment and Disposal|
|iv||E-mobility and High-Speed Transportation Systems||Biofuel, Fuel cell, Solar energy, Energy Storage|
|v||Health Sector& Biotechnological Developments
|Epidemiological Studies, Development of Medical devices, Standardisation of Ayurvedic Medicines and Traditional Knowledge, Vaccine & Drug Development, Viral Studies, Nutraceuticals, Disease Diagnostic kit Development, Vector borne diseases, Translational research, Medical Biotechnology|
|vi||Resource Mapping & Management
|Biodiversity Conservation, Value Addition of Heavy Minerals, Wood Technology|
|Development of Improved & High Yield Varieties, New IOT based irrigation Technologies, Integrated Pest Management, Precision Agriculture, Micronutrient Development, Modern Harvesting Technologies, Post Harvest Technologies, Land use land cover dynamics, Climate change resilient crops|
|viii||Data Science||Spatial decision support systems, MIS, Expert systems, Geo-informatics, Bigdata with AI, Machine Learning|
|ix||Solution Oriented Research for Location Specific Problems of Kerala State.||River bank stabilization, Salinity ingression, radiation issues, implication of large scale sand mining, groundwater status|
|x||Other relevant themes||Biological invasions, Natural capital accounting, Devices based on Micro-Electro-Mechanical Systems and Nanotechnologies, Higher research in Mathematical Sciences, Veterinary Sciences and Fisheries.|
- The maximum grant for a project shall be Rs.30 lakh for three years. excluding overheads. In addition, the host institution will be
- Grant will be given for specific projects to cover expenditure on manpower, equipments, consumables, travel & contingencies.
- In the case of Research Proposals from Central Institutions, it is desirable that there may be a State Institution as collaborator
- The research grant for the implementation of the project is released through the Implementing Institution.
- Implementing Institution is eligible for an overhead @10% of total expenditure subject to a maximum of 1 lakh, on successful completion of the project and after the settlement of the SE&UC.
- Principal Investigator (PI) shall be a full time Scientist of R&D Institutions /Regular Faculty of Research Centres/Departments of Universities, Government/ Aided Colleges in the State of Kerala
- The PI shall have more than five years of service period left for superannuation at the time of submission of project proposal.
- PhD. is mandatory for the Principal Investigator (PI).
- In the case of research proposals from Centrally funded Institutions, it is desirable that there may be a State Institution as a collaborator.
- For interdisciplinary subjects, at least one of the Co-Investigators should be an Expert with commendable experience in the specialized field. However, first Co-I shall be a scientist/faculty from the same Institution of PI with a minimum of 5 years period left for superannuation.
- Only full-time scientists/regular faculty can apply under the scheme as PI / Co-I.
- Research Scholars/students cannot apply and cannot be included under the scheme as Investigators.
KSCSTE, Sasthra Bhavan
Tel: 0471 2548200-09
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Scientist in -Charge
- Terms & Condition
- Endorsement & Consent Form
- Date of Start Intimation Form
- Request for extension
- Request for re-appropriation
- Format for Annual Progress Report
- Format for Project Completion Report
- Format for No Pending SE,UC Certificate
- Asset Transfer Certificate
- Statement of Expenditure
- Consolidated Statement of Expenditure
- Utilization Certificate
- e-payment form