Kerala Biotechnology Re-Entry Fellowship (K-BiREF)
A fellowship programme to attract well-trained and highly skilled researchers with good track record (Indian nationals) working abroad in various frontier areas in biotechnology (biomedical sciences, agriculture, veterinary science, bioengineering, energy, environment, bioinformatics and other related areas) to research and academic institutions in Kerala, by providing them an attractive opportunity to pursue research and development in biotechnology. Applications will be screened by an expert committee and shortlisted candidates are interviewed.
Applications are invited through advertisement.
- Fellow entitled for a monthly remuneration of Rs. 1,00,000/- and Rs. 18,500/- as HRA per month.
- Annual research /contingency grant of Rs 7.5 lakh each for first and second year and Rs. 5 lakh each for the subsequent 3 years.
- Host Institution may provide medical benefits, transport allowance, and other benefits as per the prevailing norms applicable to their employees of the equivalent rank out of their own resources/ funds.
- The applicant should possess a Ph.D., M.D. or equivalent degree and at least three years of post-doctoral research experience in premier research laboratories abroad with an outstanding track record of research in biotechnology related areas as reflected in publications and other recognitions.
- Only candidates (Indian nationals) working overseas who are below 45 years of age are eligible; relaxable for 3 years for OBC and 5 years for SC/ST/PH candidates.
- The fellowship is tenable at any reputed institutions in Kerala.
Kerala Biotechnology Commission
Kerala State Council for Science, Technology and Environment (KSCSTE),
Sasthra Bhavan, Pattom, Thiruvananthapuram – 695 004
Telephone: (0471) 2548406, 2548254,
E-mail: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org