National Science Day (NSD)
National Science Day is observed to mark the novel discovery of Raman Effect by the great Indian Physicist Sir C. V. Raman on 28th February, 1928. The basic objective of observation of National Science Day is to spread the message of importance of science and its application among the people. KSCSTE is co-ordinating the State level activities in connection with the observance of National Science Day.
|Details of Payment Effected|
|February 2021 & December 2020|
Proposals in the prescribed format are generally invited in the month of December every year through advertisement in KSCSTE website and dailies
Applications are invited from Govt., Govt. aided institutions (schools, colleges, university departments and R&D institutions) to conduct NSD 2020 celebrations. Last date to receive hard copy of the completed application: JANUARY 10, 2020
- The programs will be organized based on a theme announced by Department of Science and Technology, Govt. of India every year.
- The support is for organizing programs such as lectures, seminars, quiz programmes, elocution etc. to create awareness among the students, academia, general public, etc. on the importance of Science Day
- The financial assistance will be released only after the successful conduct of the programme, subject to the submission of satisfactory report and audited financial statements.
- Applicant must hold a regular position in High schools, higher secondary schools, vocational higher secondary schools, colleges (including professional colleges), industrial training institutions, polytechnic colleges, universities and R&D centres/ organizations.
- Only Govt., Govt. aided institutions are eligible to apply for financial assistance to conduct NSD 2020 celebrations
The Head, Science Education Division (SED)
Kerala State Council for Science, Technology and Environment,
SasthraBhavan, Pattom, Thiruvananthapuram – 4
Tel No - + 91-471-2548218/223