Selective Augmentation of Research and Development (SARD)
The scheme is intended to augment basic infrastructure facilities for promoting R&D activities in the University Departments, Colleges and R & D institutions in Kerala. SARD envisages modernization of laboratories by way of acquisition of essential equipment and the upgrading of existing facilities for promoting research.
The facilities provided are intended to support the efforts of the Department as a whole and not for individual R&D support. The support will be considered for the 'Science Department / Centre' as a unit with a coordinator to carryout research projects. The selection of the proposal is through a peer-review mechanism. An expert committee evaluates the viability of the scheme based on the report of the reviewers
Applications are invited through advertisement every year.
- Rs. 40 lakhs for a period of 3 years, mainly for the equipment and its maintenance support.
- The duration of support for will be for a period not exceeding 3 years.
- The coordinator should have a doctorate degree and be a permanent faculty of Science (including Medical & Agriculture) or Engineering Departments/ Centres in the Kerala State.
- The departments should have postgraduate teaching & research programs and minimum 3 permanent faculty members possessing Ph.D. degree.
- The coordinator should have minimum 3 years of experience in the current institute and 5 or more years left for retirement.
- Self-financing colleges / institutes are entitled to a maximum of 50% of the outlay.
Basic Science Division
Kerala State Council for Science, Technology and Environment (KSCSTE)
Sasthra Bhavan, Pattom, Thiruvananthapuram – 695 004
Tel: +91 471 2548360/314