ENVIRONMENTAL INFORMATION, AWARENESS, CAPACITY BUILDING AND LIVELIHOOD PROGRAMME (EIACP), PROGRAMME CENTRE (PC) HUB KSCSTE, KERALA
(EIACP PC HUB, KSCSTE, KERALA)
EIACP is a decentralized system with a network of distributed subject oriented Hubs/RPs ensuring integration of national efforts in environmental information collection, collation, storage, retrieval and dissemination to all concerned. The Kerala EIACP deals with state of the environment aspects of Kerala State and is functioning at Kerala State Council for Science, Technology and Environment (KSCSTE).
- Maintaining an exclusive website on environmental database: kerenvis.nic.in.
- Act as Repository of Environmental Knowledge
- To conduct skilling related activities such as GSDP for nurturing green, sustainable and inclusive workforce in order to enhance both living and environment standards while fostering gainful and self-employment of youth.
- To be involved in the Mission LiFE (Lifestyle for Environment) being conceptualized by the Ministry.
- To carry out activities related to Swachhta comes under the ‘Swachhta Action Plan’ (SAP).
- To develop national and international collaboration for knowledge exchange and skilling and facilitating attainment of the SDGs.
- To aid sustainable livelihoods of tribal population especially in NER based on traditional knowledge and crafts.
- To facilitate informed decisions and policy making by catering to demand for research, innovation and data on emerging issues related to environment.
- To facilitate transition to environmentally conscious futuristic citizens including awareness among public/communities on environment related issues.
- To carry out Capacity Building related Activities.
- Develops descriptive/numerical databases and maintenance of 17 modules of India State level Basic Environmental Information Database (ISBEID)
- Publishes quarterly newsletters, pamphlets and posters on various environmental themes.
Dr. P Harinarayanan
Principal Scientist and EIACP Kerala Coordinator
Kerala State Council for Science Technology and Environment
Sasthra Bhavan, Pattom,
Tel: 0471 2548299; 2548210
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org’ email@example.com
Public can freely download the data from ENVIS Hub Kerala website: www.kerenvis.nic.in or from http://isbeid.gov.in