Scheme for support of Seminar/Symposium/Workshop (SSW)
i. The Seminar/Symposia/Workshop (SSW) Scheme aims to provide financial assistance as co-sponsorship for organizing Seminars, Symposia, Workshops and Conferences of scientific, technological and environmental importance, conducted within the State of Kerala.
ii. Financial support will not be offered for webinars/ online programmes.
iii. In the case of Hybrid mode programmes, at least 50% of the delegates shall be physically present for a full support from KSCSTE.
iv. Submission of proposals for financial assistance under SSW Scheme will be only through online mode.
v. The window for online submission will be active throughout the year. However, the applicants are encouraged to submit the proposals well in advance in line with the stipulated timeframe.
vi. Logo of KSCSTE and acknowledgement as ‘co-sponsored by/ supported by/ in association with KSCSTE’ in Brochure/ related publicity materials of the event shall be provided only after getting the approval from KSCSTE.
vii. Unauthorised use of KSCSTE logo in Brochure is strictly prohibited and such proposals will be disqualified.
viii. The SSW expert Committee meetings will be convened on 2nd Thursday of every month.
Specific themes identified by KSCSTE
Applicants are encouraged to prepare proposals in the following specific themes
1. Climate Change- Mitigation, Impact and Adaptation
2. Disaster Management
3. Eco Restoration / Land Degradation
4. Energy and Environment
5. Sustainable Development
6. Waste Management- Beating Plastic
7. Recent Trends in various Scientific areas
8. Healthy Millets, Healthy People
9. Workshop on Analytical Instrumentation
10. Data Science/Big Data Analytics/AI and machine Learning
11. Genetics/Genomics/Brain Research, Neuro Science
12. Advances in Biotechnology
13. Space Science/Astronomy
14. Quantum Physics/Quantum Computing
i. The stipulated time frame for the online submission of proposal are as follows:
|State level/ Regional
|if at least 10% of delegates and Resource persons are from other Nations
|if at least 10% of delegates and Resource persons are from outside the State
|if at least 10% of delegates are from various institutions in the State
|At least 3 months in advance of the proposed date
|At least 2 months in advance of the proposed date
|at least 1 month in advance of the proposed date
ii. Details of the proposal to be furnished is made available as a template in the KSCSTE website- SSW page (Downloads), for your ready reference.
iii. Kindly keep ready the digital copies of documents to be uploaded and the Bank account details of your organisation (Name of the Beneficiary, Bank, Branch, IFSC number) before proceeding for submission.
iv. Please provide the details of your proposal by filling up the Google Form in the following link and press the submit button at the last screen.
v. Link: https://forms.gle/tHhpye2FwUEzBg8e7
vi. Please upload the following documents (in pdf format)
1. Endorsement of the Head of the Institution in the Letter Head with office seal
2. Programme Brochure
1. Logo of KSCSTE and acknowledgement as ‘co-sponsored by/ supported by/ in association with KSCSTE’ in Brochure/ related publicity materials of the event shall be provided only after getting the approval from KSCSTE.
2. Many often, the logo of KSCSTE is provided in the Brochure/ publicity materials of certain proposals which are not approved for co-sponsorship. The circulation of such documents through various online platforms will generate wrong message/ misinterpretation.
3. During the submission of proposals, the Programme Co-ordinators shall refrain from providing the logo of KSCSTE and acknowledgement as ‘co-sponsored by/ supported by/ in association with KSCSTE’ in the Brochure/related publicity materials.
4. Unauthorised use of KSCSTE logo in Brochure is strictly prohibited and such proposals will be disqualified.
5. Details of the Advisory Committee constituted for International/ National/ State level events should be provided in the Brochure.
6. Institutional contribution for organising the event shall be reflected in the proposed Budget Estimate (BE) for the programme.
7. Proposals which are not received as per the stipulated time frame and incomplete shall not be considered for evaluation.
The maximum permissible grant of co-sponsorship will be as following.
|Maximum permissible Grant (in Rs.)
- Academic Institutions, Govt. Departments, Research institutions, University Departments, Professional bodies/ groups and other Non Govenmental Organizations engaged in promoting scientific research are eligible to apply for financial assistance under SSW Scheme.
- The Convenor should be a permanent faculty/ regular staff/ office bearer of the institution/ organization in the State of Kerala.
- Only one proposal from each department of University or College will be considered in a financial year, in the normal course.
Dr. Binuja Thomas
Kerala State Council for Science, Technology and Environment,
Sasthra Bhavan, Pattom, Thiruvananthapuram – 4
Tel No: + 91-471-2548211