About Library & Documentation Centre
KSCSTE Library has an organized collection of books and documents. Documents include magazines, newspapers, maps, compact discs (CD's), online databases, and other print, electronic, and multimedia resources. Library plays vital role in the institution for research and development. The library also houses a Documentation Centre with reprographic facilities and provides support in documenting the reports and other such publications of KSCSTE. The numerous resources and services provided by library help employees and research scholars to carry out their work, studies and research activities. KSCSTE has also has many specialized libraries dealing with mandatory subject areas in its various R&D centres spread across Kerala. Library functions under the Information Systems Division of KSCSTE.
Objectives and Achievement
- To build up a relevant collection of information materials on Science and Technology to disseminate the necessary information to Researchers, Scientists and other Professionals.
- To provide information and documentation support to the programmes and activities of KSCSTE.
- To play a vital role in achieving the aims and objectives of the Institution by providing timely and relevant information to the scientific and technical staff.
- Creation of a Digital Repository of information available in the libraries of the Council and R&D Centres and making them available to the researchers, students, scientists, the academic community etc. free of cost.
Access to the Library
In addition to the Staff Members of KSCSTE, the Library is open to Scientists and Researchers of other Institutions and Universities and all interested users for reference. To use the library facilities, it is necessary to produce a letter of introduction from the Institutions/ Organizations concerned. However, borrowing privileges are limited to the Permanent Staff Members of KSCSTE only.
Working hours of Library is from 10 A.M to 5 P.M on all working days.
The OPAC System helps to search catalogued bibliographic information of materials available in KSCSTE Library. OPAC is the gateway to library's collection and facilitate rapid retrieval of relevant information. The open source Library software KOHA is used in the Library and OPAC is enabled for easy access to library resources.
KSCSTE has implemented a digital library using the open source digital repository software DSpace and houses various reports, in-house publications, dissertations, maps and S&T related publications that has emanated from the state since 1996, by way of providing easy access to these publications. In order to digitalise the publications of KSCSTE, full text of the available copy-left bibliographic items are scanned and regularly added to the digital collections. KSCSTE institutional repository also has archiving facility.
KSCSTE publications include KSC Proceedings, Annual Reports, PIC & ENVIS newsletters and KSCSTE Journals. Links to other publications such as National and International Open Access Journals, Periodicals and Newspapers are also accessible through KSCSTE website as part of Library facility.
- Annual Reports of KSCSTE
- Intellectual Property Rights Policy of KSCSTE
- Kerala Science Congress Proceedings
- PIC News Letters
- ENVIS NEWS LETTERS
- Journal of Traditional and Folk Practices
|Sri. Joy C
Librarian Gr I
|Smt. Anju S
Librarian Gr IV
|Smt. Jincy Rajan
|Sri. Jayakrishnan J S
|Smt. Salini Rani A.K
Library and Documentation Centre
Kerala State Council for Science Technology & Environment (KSCSTE)
Sasthra Bhavan, Pattom P. O., Thiruvananthapuram – 695 004
Ph: 0471-2548 238