Science Research Scheme
Science Research Scheme (SRS) is a research support programme of KSCSTE aims towards promotion of R&D activities in the State both in fundamental and applied research by providing grant for the implementation of such research projects. Regular faculties of Colleges and Scientists from Research Institutions/Research Laboratories can apply under the scheme. The scheme supports research projects in any of the identified domain themes/sub themes which will be notified from time to time. Based on the recommendations of the Programme Advisory Committee of SRS (PAC-SRS), maximum research grant of Rs.30 lakh will be provided to the selected projects for a maximum duration of 3 years.
|Details of Payment effected in the year 2022|
|Details of Payment effected in the year 2021|
|Details of Payment effected in the year 2020|
Project Proposals will be invited through notification in the website of KSCSTE, once in a year. The Proposals can be submitted through online only on notification and during the active time. Proposals submitted in any other mode will not be considered and summarily rejected.
The Research proposals are to be submitted in two stages. In the first stage, only pre-proposals will be invited. The detailed proposals need to be submitted on intimation after the review and evaluation of the pre-proposals. The proposal should fit in to any of the following domain themes/sub themes, which will be notified from time to time.
|Sl No||Domain Themes||Sub Themes|
Natural Hazards: Mitigation & Management
Drought, Floods, Landslides, Earthquake, Cyclone, Sea Erosion, Lightning, Spatial temporal dynamics of climatic parameters, Carbon Sequestration, Mitigation of climate changes
|ii.||Water Resources Conservation and Management||Water Quality, Wetlands, Studies on water relations to forests|
|iii.||Advanced Methods of Waste Management||Solids & Liquids Waste Treatment and Disposal|
|iv.||E-mobility and High-Speed Transportation Systems||Biofuel, Fuel cell, Solar energy, Energy Storage|
|v.||Health Sector & Biotechnological Developments
Epidemiological Studies, Development of Medical devices, Standardisation of Ayurvedic Medicines and Traditional Knowledge, Vaccine & Drug Development, Viral Studies, Nutraceuticals, Disease Diagnostic kit Development, Vector borne diseases, Translational research, Medical Biotechnology
|vi.||Resource Mapping & Management||
Biodiversity Conservation, Value Addition of Heavy Minerals, Wood Technology
|Development of Improved & High Yield Varieties, New IOT based irrigation Technologies, Integrated Pest Management, Precision Agriculture, Micronutrient Development, Modern Harvesting Technologies, Post Harvest Technologies, Land use land cover dynamics, Climate change resilient crops|
|viii.||Data Science||Spatial decision support systems, MIS, Expert systems, Geo-informatics, Big data with AI, Machine Learning|
|ix.||Solution Oriented Research for Location Specific Problems of Kerala State.||
River bank stabilization, Salinity ingression, radiation issues, implication of large scale sand mining, groundwater status
Other relevant themes
Biological invasions, Natural capital accounting, Devices based on Micro-Electro-Mechanical Systems and Nanotechnologies, Higher research in Mathematical Sciences, Veterinary Sciences and Fisheries.
- Maximum research grant of Rs.30 lakh is provided for carrying out the research for a maximum duration of 3 years.
- Grant will be given for specific projects to cover expenditure on Manpower, Consumables, Equipment, Travel & Contingencies.
- In the case of research proposals from Central Institutions, it is desirable that there may be a State Institution as collaborator
- The research grant for the implementation of the project is released through the Implementing Institution.
- Implementing Institution is eligible for an overhead @ 10% of total expenditure subject to a ceiling of Rs.1 lakh, on successful completion of the project and after the settlement of the SE&UC.
- Principal Investigator (PI) and Co - Investigators (Co-Is) shall be regular faculty of Research Centres/Scientists in R&D Institutions, Departments of Universities, Government/ Aided Colleges in the Kerala State.
- The PI and Co-I shall have more than five years of service period left for superannuation at the time of submission of project proposal.
- The PI and Co-I should have Ph.D. in the subject area.
- MD/Ph. D in Medical Sciences is essential for the PI &Co-I from Medical institutions.
- There should be a Co-I from the Institution of PI.
- There can be more than one Co-I for interdisciplinary research projects
- In the case of research proposals from Centrally funded Institutions, it is desirable that there may be a State Institution as collaborator.
- For interdisciplinary subjects, at least one of the Co-Investigators should be an Expert with commendable experience in the specialized filed.
KSCSTE, Sasthra Bhavan
Scientist in –Charge
Dr. Siju C R
- Terms and Conditions
- Endorsement and Consent Form
- Date of Start Intimation Form
- Request for Extension
- Request for Re-appropriation
- Format for Annual Progress Report
- Format for Project Completion Report
- Format for no pending UC & SE
- Asset Transfer certificate
- Statement of Expenditure
- Utilization Certificate
- Format for Final Technical Report
|List of project sanctioned under Science Research Scheme||SRS Projects Grading List During the Years|