Scheme for promotion of Inter Institutional Research Collaboration (SPIIRC)
SPIIRC aims to promote Inter Institutional Research Collaboration with a multidisciplinary approach by supporting the collaborative Research proposals from State R&D /Academic Institutions, with National level premium R&D /Academic Institutions, for jointly solving the problems of State/national relevance. R&D Institutions under Govt. of Kerala, Science/ Engineering Departments of State Universities, Research Centres affiliated to any of the Universities in Kerala and Govt. or Aided Colleges in the State are eligible to apply under this scheme. The National Institutions under the Department of Science and Technology, Department of Biotechnology, Department of Space, Ministry of Earth Sciences, Council for Scientific and Industrial Research, ICAR Institutions, ICMR Institutions, IITs, IISER, NITs, Central Universities, etc, can be the collaborating Institutions for the Research. Maximum research grant up to Rs.30 lakh will be provided which will be spread on a span of three years. The objective of the Programme is to enable productive academic and research co-operation by supporting visits of Researchers in Inter Institutional basis. The Inter Institutional Research Collaboration shall result in large number of high impact research publications, patents, development of niche courses, high quality text books and research monographs, imbibing of best practices from top academicians in the country and researchers and strong cooperation. Tangible research output in the form of a new product/ technology/ process having potential for commercialisation is expected.
Proposals will be invited through notification in the website of KSCSTE, once in a year. The Proposals can be submitted through online only on notification and during the active time. Proposals submitted in any other mode will not be considered and summarily rejected.
The PI from the State Institution/ Centre shall submit the research proposal in any of the following Thrust Areas, which should address a challenging issue of theoretical, experimental and/or translational value. The proposal shall fit into the Sustainable Development Goal (SDG) Framework with details of SDG Goals & Indicators.
|Ø Basic Sciences – Physical Science, Chemical Science, Biological Science
Ø Applied and Interdisciplinary Sciences
Ø Computational and Mathematical Sciences
Ø Earth, Atmosphere and Environmental Sciences
Ø Emergent areas like Genomics, Artificial Intelligence, Material Science,
Ø Advance research in medical sector, etc.
Ø Innovation based and demand driven research
Ø Advances in Engineering and Technology
The Principal Investigator shall also submit the Endorsement from the Implementing Institution and Collaborating National Institution, Consent letters and necessary Certificates from the Investigators in the prescribed format, Resumes of PI and Co-I(s) highlighting the research achievements, etc.
- Maximum grant up to Rs.30 lakh will be provided for the collaborative research, which will be spread on a span of three years.
- Selection of projects is done by the Programme Advisory Committee (PAC) after review of proposals by National level subject experts followed by critical evaluation by the PAC.
- Financial support will be provided for meeting testing charges, lab expenses, fabrication, patent filing, technology transfer, travel and hospitality expenses of Investigators and Researchers between the Institutions.
- One Research Scholar from each State Institution and National Institution can become the Co-Investigator of the project.
- Supports the visits of researchers in the project team on Inter-Institutional basis. The researchers can visit the laboratories of different premier institutions in India.
- Research Centres / R&D Institutions under Govt. of Kerala, Science/Engineering Departments of State Universities, State Government or Aided Colleges in Kerala can apply Any other outstanding & premium academic institutions in the Kerala State can also apply.
- Collaboration from National level Institution/Centre is mandatory for applying.
- Principal Investigator (PI) shall be a full time Professor/Scientist having Doctoral Degree in Science/Engineering from the State owned Institution.
- The PI shall have at least 3 years of service in the Institution and more than 5 years left for retirement.
- The Project Team shall comprise of PI, at least two Faculty Members/Scientists and one Researcher from State Institution as Co-Investigators and at least 1 Faculty Member/Scientist and 1 Researcher from the National Collaborating Institution as Co-I. In the case of multidisciplinary research, if any other State Institution is involved, there can be more Co-I(s) from those Institutions as the case may be.
- The Co-Investigator (Co-I) from each Institution shall be a full time Scientist/ Faculty of the Centre/ University/ Institution with adequate years of service to retire. The Researchers from the State/National Institutions shall be Research Scholars registered for full-time PhD or Post-Doctoral.
|The Director, KSCSTE,Sasthra Bhavan, Pattom, Thiruvananthapuram Tel : 0471 2548200 –209 Email: email@example.com|
|Scientist – in – Charge Dr. Ajit Prabhu V. Chief Scientist (Scientist G), KSCSTE, Sasthra Bhavan, Pattom, Thiruvananthapuram Tel: 0471–2548252, 2548315 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org|
Terms and Conditions
Endorsement from Host Institution
Certificate from the Investigators
Format for no pending SE & UC
Date of Start Intimation Form
Format for Quarterly Progress Report
Format for Annual Progress Report
|Format for Statement of Expenditure
Format for Utilization Certificate
Request for Re-appropriation
Request for Extension
Format for Project Completion Report
Format for Final Technical Report
Format of Asset Transfer Certificate