Prathibha Scholarship Programme
Scholarships are awarded to students of Kerala origin who have qualified meritoriously in the Higher Secondary Examination, for pursuing Undergraduate and Postgraduate degree courses in Basic/ Natural Science in Institutions/ Universities in India. The objective of the program is to motivate aspiring students to higher studies and a career in Science.
Applicants' Portal 2020-21
Terms & Conditions
|Details of Payment effected in the year 2021|
|Details of Payment effected in the year 2020|
How to Apply
Stage 1: Online Registration
- Applicant should Register Online before the stipulated date as per the notification issued by KSCSTE.
- Applicant should ensure the following before commencement of Online Registration.
- A valid Mobile number and E-mail ID accessible to him/her during the entire stage of selection process.
- A recent passport size photograph image of dimension 150W ×200H pixels.
- Applicant should enter their Name, Date of Birth, E-mail ID and HSE Roll Number to commence online registration.
- Applicant should enter the OTP received through mobile and should enter a password of minimum 6 characters to continue registration.
- An Application number will be generated on successful registration. This number and the chosen password will be mailed to the applicant, which should be used for future login.
(Note: The Provisional Rank List will be published in KSCSTE website www.kscste.kerala.gov.in usually during March/April.)
Stage 2: After publication of Provisional Rank List
- Those who are selected in the Provisional Selection list and wish to avail Prathibha Scholarship should submit the following documents in original (hard copy)
- Data sheet (generated on individual login) - with due attestation from Head of the Institution where they are admitted for U.G Course.
- Mark list of Higher Secondary Examination- self attested
- “Terms & Conditions” -duly signed
- Proof on Nativity (Kerala origin)-self attested.
- Community Certificate (for students selected under Reservation category )
- Only those who submit the above documents within the stipulated time (as published in the website) will be considered for final ranking.
- Application can be submitted online from 1st January 2021 to 31st January 2021.
- Any query on registration, should be addressed to the E-mail : email@example.com
- Tel: 0471- 2548346, 2548208
- Scholarship is awarded for studies in Basic / Natural Sciences.
- Students are selected at Undergraduate level only.
- Selection is based on the aggregate marks obtained for all science subjects in the Higher Secondary Examination.
- Those who have availed Prathibha Scholarship for all 3 years of Undergraduate Course and has qualified Degree Course with minimum 75% marks are eligible to continue the scholarship for Postgraduate course.
- The selected students are eligible for scholarship as follows.
- U.G. Course/ First 3 years of Integrated P.G. Course
- 1st Year - 12,000/-
- 2nd Year - 18,000/-
- 3rd Year - 24,000/-
- P.G. Course (subject to scoring minimum 75% marks for Undergraduate course)
- 1st Year/ 4th Year of Integrated P.G. Course - 40,000/-
- 2nd Year/ 5th Year of Integrated P.G. Course - 60,000/-
- Offers opportunities for attending Science Enrichment Programmes and summer internships in reputed National and State level R&D institutions in Kerala.
- Eight Prathibha Scholars (two scholars in each of the disciplines- Biology, Chemistry, Mathematics and Physics) are eligible to be considered for summer programmes at IISER-Trivandrum. The selection of Prathibha Scholars for summer programmes is subject to the norms of IISER-Trivandrum.
- The scheme ensures at least 50% of the selection for girl students. 10% of the selection is reserved for SC/ST students.
- Applicant should be of Kerala origin.
- Applicant should have qualified Higher Secondary Examination from Kerala.
- Applicant should have qualified Higher Secondary Board Examination with minimum 90% marks or equivalent grade for all subjects put together and minimum 90% marks or equivalent grade for all Science subjects put together.(For SC/ST reservation category, the eligibility is stipulated to minimum marks of 80% or equivalent grade for all subjects in total and minimum 80% marks or equivalent grade for all Science subjects in total).
- Applicant should have secured admission for 3 year B.Sc. / 5 year Integrated M.Sc. / 5 year Integrated BS-MS course in Basic or Natural Science (23 subjects enlisted in the ‘guidelines’) in any of the Institutions or Universities in India in current academic year.
Women Scientist Division (WSD)
Kerala State Council for Science, Technology and Environment,
Sasthra Bhavan, Pattom, Thiruvananthapuram – 4
Tel No. + 91-471-2548208, Fax : 0471 2540085, 2534605
1. Prathibha Scholarship -New applicants 2020-21
2. Prathibha Scholarship - 2019-20
- Login for Selected Students
- Instruction for Scholarship Confirmation
- Terms & Conditions
2. Scholarship Renewal (2nd yr& 3rd yr. B.Sc./ Integrated M.Sc., 2nd yr. M.Sc./ Integrated PhD, 5th yr. Integrated M.Sc.)
3. Continuation of Scholarship for PG Programme (1st yr. M.Sc., 4th yr. integrated M.Sc., 1st yr Integrated PhD)