Prathibha Scholarship Programme
Scholarships are awarded to students of Kerala origin who have qualified meritoriously in the Higher Secondary Examination, for pursuing Undergraduate and Postgraduate degree courses in Basic/ Natural Science in Institutions/ Universities in India. The objective of the program is to motivate aspiring students to higher studies and a career in Science.
Applicant's Portal 2022-23
|Details of Payment effected in the year 2023|
|Details of Payment effected in the year 2022|
|Details of Payment effected in the year 2021|
|Details of Payment effected in the year 2020|
How to Apply
Stage 1: Online Registration
- Applicant should Register Online before the stipulated date as per the notification issued by KSCSTE.
- Applicant should ensure the following before commencement of Online Registration.
- A valid Mobile number and E-mail ID accessible to him/her during the entire stage of selection process.
- A recent passport size photograph image of dimension 150W ×200H pixels.
- Applicant should enter their Name, Date of Birth, E-mail ID and HSE Roll Number to commence online registration.
- Applicant should enter the OTP received through mobile and should enter a password of minimum 6 characters to continue registration.
- An Application number will be generated on successful registration. This number and the chosen password will be sent to to the registered mobile number of the applicant, which should be used for future login.
(Note: The Provisional Rank List will be published in KSCSTE website www.kscste.kerala.gov.in usually during March/April.)
Stage 2: After publication of Provisional Rank List
- The students selected in the Provisional Rank list should submit the following documents for confirmation of Scholarship.
- Student Data-sheet, duly signed by the applicant and endorsed by the Head of the Institution where they are admitted for Degree Course.
- Copy of Mark list of Higher Secondary Board Examination- self attested.
- Community Certificate for SC/ST applicants.
- Certificate in proof of ‘Place of Origin’ [Applicant should be of Kerala origin]
- "Terms & Conditions”, duly signed.
- E-payment form- in prescribed format.
- Only those who submit the above documents within the stipulated time (as published in the website) will be considered for final ranking.
- Application can be submitted online from 17th January 2023 to 16th February 2023.
- Any query on registration, should be addressed to the E-mail : email@example.com
Tel: 0471- 2548346, 2548208
- Click here to Apply
- Scholarship is awarded for studies in Basic / Natural Sciences.
- Students are selected at Undergraduate level only.
- Selection is based on the aggregate marks obtained for all science subjects in the Higher Secondary Examination.
- Those who have availed Prathibha Scholarship for all 3 years of Undergraduate Course and has qualified Degree Course with minimum 75% marks are eligible to continue the scholarship for Postgraduate course.
- The selected students are eligible for scholarship as follows.
- U.G. Course/ First 3 years of Integrated P.G. Course
- 1st Year - 12,000/-
- 2nd Year - 18,000/-
- 3rd Year - 24,000/-
- P.G. Course (subject to scoring minimum 75% marks for Undergraduate course)
- 1st Year/ 4th Year of Integrated P.G. Course - 40,000/-
- 2nd Year/ 5th Year of Integrated P.G. Course - 60,000/-
- Offers opportunities for attending Science Enrichment Programmes and summer internships in reputed National and State level R&D institutions in Kerala.
- Eight Prathibha Scholars (two scholars in each of the disciplines- Biology, Chemistry, Mathematics and Physics) are eligible to be considered for summer programmes at IISER-Trivandrum. The selection of Prathibha Scholars for summer programmes is subject to the norms of IISER-Trivandrum.
- The scheme ensures at least 50% of the selection for girl students. 10% of the selection is reserved for SC/ST students.
- Scholarships are allotted with the weightage of 30% for mathematical science, 40% for Physical Science and 30 % for Life Sciences based on the subject main chosen for the Degree course. Students in Triple-main courses are ranked in all three subject areas and are selected based on their top ranking position.
- Applicant should be of Kerala origin.
- Applicant should have qualified Higher Secondary Examination from Kerala.
- Applicant should have qualified Higher Secondary Board Examination with minimum 90% marks or equivalent grade for all subjects put together and minimum 90% marks or equivalent grade for all Science subjects put together.(For SC/ST reservation category, the eligibility is stipulated to minimum marks of 80% or equivalent grade for all subjects in total and minimum 80% marks or equivalent grade for all Science subjects in total).
- Applicant should have secured admission for 3 year B.Sc. / 5 year Integrated M.Sc. / 5 year Integrated BS-MS course in Basic or Natural Science (23 subjects enlisted in the ‘guidelines’) in any of the Institutions or Universities in India in 2022-23.
Women Scientist Division (WSD)
Kerala State Council for Science, Technology and Environment,
Sasthra Bhavan, Pattom, Thiruvananthapuram – 4
Tel No. + 91-471-2548208, Fax : 0471 2540085, 2534605
1. Prathibha Scholarship -New applicants 2022-23
2. Scholarship Renewal 2nd Year/3rd Year U.G. & 2nd Year P.G.
3. Continuation of Scholarship for 1st Year P.G./ 4th Year Int.P.G. Programme